- 4 steaks
- 3 shallots
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. balsamic
- 2 dl. milk (for chicken fond)
- 3 dl. potato water
- 1 cube of beef bouillon
- Sauce Colour
- 600 gr. potatoes
- 3–4 piece of pickled pumpkins
- 1 lemon
- Pickled pumpkins as accessory
- Wash or peel the potatoes and boil them in a pot with water and salt. They need to boil for 10-20 min. all depending on the size of the potatoes. Poke them with a fork. They are done when it feel just the right amount of tender and slide off the fork. Pour the water from the potatoes in a container - We are going to use that for the sauce!
- Cut the onions in slices. Fry them in a bit of butter on a pan at medium heat. They need a bit of time before they fall together, get colour and become nice and soft - let them sit from the start. Spice it up with a tbsp. of balsamic and a tbsp. of honey.
- Meanwhile spice the steaks with salt and pepper and fry them in butter on a pan, till they become as you prefer them - Remember to not clean the pan! Let the steaks chill without cover on a plate or a cutting board.
- Now put milk and the potato water together in the pan with a cube of beef bouillon and let it start boiling while stirring around at medium heat. Stir a bit of maizena in a cup of water and add the mixture into the pan, bit by bit, until the sauce gets the texture you prefer. Now add sauce colouring to the sauce, until it becomes brown. Season with salt and pepper, a bit of honey or perhaps some lemon.
- Fry the boiled potatoes on the pan with a tbsp. of butter, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Serve the steak with the fried potatoes, topped of with the soft onions and some salad if you have some, now add the sauce and the pickled pumpkins as accessories.
- Bon appetite!
Written by: Onyx Cookware