Salad with grilled goat cheese
- 300 g red cabbage
- 100 g beetroot-kraut from Kattinge Kraut
- 50 g hazelnuts
- 1 apple
- 2 red onions
- 100 g figs (fresh or dried)
- Fresh thyme
- 120 g fresh berries (in the video it’s blackberries, but all berries will work)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 0,5 tablespoon apple vinegar
Grilled goat cheese
- 180 g good goat cheese in a roll
- 10 walnut kernels
- A bit of honey
On the side
- A delicious bread – preferably toasted.
- Start by turning on the oven at 190 C (fan oven)
- Cut the goat cheese to proper pieces and place them in the oven for about 10. minutes. Or until they are nice and golden. Meanwhile, slice the red cabbage and mix it with the Beetroot kraut in a bowl.
- Toast the hazelnuts on the frying pan over high heat until the skin begins to crumble. Set them aside to cool off. The skin is easier to remove when the hazelnuts are chilled.
- Whisk the vinaigrette together.
- Figs, red onions, and apples are cut in proper sizes and mixed in the salad with the vinaigrette, hazelnuts, fresh thyme, and fresh berries.
- Plate the goat cheese with the walnuts and drizzle them with a bit of honey. Serve the goat cheese with salad and a few slices of good bread.
- Decorate the dish with fresh thyme.
- Bon appetite!
Written by: Onyx Cookware